So, did you try a fast from the computer? How did it go? I failed miserably. On several occasions, out of a force of habit I checked up on news websites. I am more addicted to the news than I thought.
We have considered a lot of theory over the last three days. Today is a day for fasting. This can be a food fast (consider fasting from sunrise to sunset). Please remember our caution about medical conditions, and if you need to fast for a shorter period of time please do so. Alternatively, if you can’t do a food fast, consider giving up something today that will allow you to focus more intensely on your dependency on God.
During the time of your fast try to spend quality time with God and pray as you feel led but here are some areas worth considering:
On Day 12 we reviewed areas in the Bible where fasting was appropriate. I’ll repeat those areas here for ease of reference:
- Great sorrow (1 Samuel 31:11-13, 1 Samuel 1:17-27).
- Great illness (2 Samuel 12:13-22).
- Serious trouble – when we desperately need Gods help (2 Chronicles 20:3-4).
- Time of testing (Matt 4:1-2).
- Major decision (Acts 13:1-3).
In addition you may want to think about:
- Areas in your life that you have struggled to get positive change.
- Loved ones in need – especially for salvation.
- Your church and country.
- The prayer requests that have been left on the blog site.
Share any thoughts you have by commenting on the blog.