16 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. (Matthew 6:16 – 18)
Today is dedicated to Fasting. I encourage you to make a significant sacrifice (e.g. at least two meals or no social media). As a reminder, if you are considering a food fast, please take your health into account.
Please prayerfully read the passage above and consider following the instructions below.
- Prepare a prayer list that includes world events, governments, people who are suffering, unsaved people in your sphere of influence, and missionaries you know.
- Make your prayer requests as specific as possible.
- Spend time at the start of the day asking God to prepare your heart and mind for the day of fasting.
- Spend quality time worshipping God and praying throughout the day.
- Finally, if you feel led, please share words of encouragement during your day of fasting.