But the king replied to Araunah, “No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the Lord my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing.” So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen and paid fifty shekels of silver for them. (2 Samuel 24:24)
Thank you very much to all who participated in the anonymous survey yesterday! The survey was primarily for your personal reflections and certainly not a competition. However, if you are like me, you like getting some feedback from surveys you participate in. So, here are a few highlights:
- For the Disciplines of Bible Study, Prayer, Fellowship, Spiritual Warfare, Stewardship, Service and Counsel more than 50 percent of the responders made reasonable progress in their development;
- For the Discipline of Worship, most people (62%) made significant or excellent progress;
- For the Discipline of Fasting, most people (62%) made no or limited progress;
- For the Disciplines of Creation and Sabbath there were just as many people who made no or limited progress as there were people who made reasonable to significant progress (in other words the scores were all over the place);
- The Discipline with the highest percentage of excellent progress is Fellowship (24%);
- The Discipline with the highest percentage of no progress is Fasting (29%)
Not surprisingly, the survey results confirms something we already know – we are growing and we still have room to grow in practising the Disciplines. We all have challenges to overcome.
Please continue familiarizing yourself with the Disciplines and comment on the question below.
Today’s Question for comments:
Considering your responses to yesterday’s survey, what would say are the top three challenges to habitually practising Spiritual Disciplines?