“But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.” (1 Chronicles 29:14)
As we did for the Discipline of Counsel, we will begin our focus on the Discipline of Stewardship with a quiz. This will be a true and false quiz. There is no pass or fail grade. The questions are simply meant to cause you to think more deeply about the Discipline. All you have to do for each statement below is answer true or false for yourself:
- I am confident that I have a Biblical perspective on stewardship.
- I habitually view myself as a manager of God’s property.
- I view my time and health as gifts from God for which I am a steward.
- I view my loved ones as gifts from God for which I am a steward.
- I view my vocation (including school) as a gift from God for which I am a steward.
- I would consider myself as contented with what I have.
- I would consider myself as living a life of gratitude.
- I have a burden for God’s work.
- I cheerfully support God’s work with time, talent and treasure.
- My cheque book or credit card statement would serve as an exhibit of good stewardship.
If you feel led please share your thoughts on your results.